Intervention to defend Nevada’s recall procedures against unconstitutional applications of the Voting Rights Act. The Plaintiffs’ lawsuit seeks to impose unconstitutional restrictions on the democratic voice of Nevada citizens by extinguishing a means to hold government accountable and by ultimately seeking to prevent the state from holding an election altogether. This would be the ultimate denial and infringement on the right and freedom of citizens to participate in the electoral process.
United States District Court for the District of Nevada (Case Number 2:17-cv-02666)
- Original Complaint (October 16, 2017)
- Motion to Intervene As Defendant by PILF and Proposed Answer (October 30, 2017)
- Order, Findings & Recommendations RE PILF Motion to Intervene (December 20, 2017)
- Notice of Voluntary Dismissal (April 29, 2019)
- PILF Challenges Marc Elias’ Effort to Block Nevada’s Recall Elections (October 30, 2017)
- PILF Successfully Intervenes in Lawsuit Blocking Nevada Recall Efforts (December 21, 2017)