Best Practices for Achieving Integrity in Voter Registration offers state and local governments expert guidance on cutting-edge strategies and techniques in maintaining voter rolls for an increasingly mobile electorate.
PILF relied upon experts in election administration and previous experience in state and federal election oversight to collaborate in composing the report, outlining the following:
- Seek upgrades to statewide voter registration system software—some of which date back to the mid-2000s;
- Engage with voter roll maintenance cooperatives like Voter Registration Crosscheck (IVRC) and Electronic Voter Registration Center (ERIC);
- Perform statewide voter list audits;
- Upgrade procedures for identifying deceased voters;
- More closely follow federal datasets indicating voter relocation;
- Perform annual voter outreach;
- Perform voter education campaigns;
- Provide improved online tools for self-updates of voter data;
- Establish citizenship verification data sources;
- Provide uniform updates of quarterly voter list maintenance, and more.
You can access Best Practices for Achieving Integrity in Voter Registration, here.
The PILF press release announcing the report is here.