Posted on July 10th, 2017
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – July 10, 2017: The Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF) today offered comment on the Trump Administration’s decision to appoint PILF President J. Christian Adams to the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity.
“J. Christian Adams brings years of experience in protecting the rights of legitimate voters both inside and out of government to this Commission,” PILF Communications Director Logan Churchwell said. “Adams has successfully litigated against discriminatory voting districts, intimidation, jurisdictions failing to offer foreign language ballots, and counties with bloated voter rolls.
“Adams also brings deep experience in successfully dislodging voter data from states and locales that refused to disclose public records—most recently in the Commonwealth of Virginia,” Churchwell added.
Under J. Christian Adams’ leadership, the Public Interest Legal Foundation achieved the following in 2017:
- Inked an agreement with the Wake County, NC, board of elections to more regularly perform voter roll maintenance procedures;
- Co-authored a report, Best Practices for Achieving Integrity in Voter Registration, with fellow election law experts;
- Published Alien Invasion II, finding more than 5,500 voters removed by the Commonwealth of Virginia for noncitizenship reasons—one third of them cast ballots;
- Urged Attorney General Jeff Sessions to clean up the “ideological rot” that has plagued the DOJ Civil Rights Division for decades and later commended the nomination of Eric Dreiband to be the next AAG for Civil Rights;
- Defeated two Virginia jurisdictions’ attempts to suppress voter roll maintenance data from public inspection; and
- Developed a consent decree with Noxubee County, Mississippi, to clean bloated voter rolls.
Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF) is a 501(c)(3) public interest law firm dedicated to election integrity. The Foundation exists to assist states and others to aid the cause of election integrity and fight against lawlessness in American elections. Drawing on numerous experts in the field, PILF seeks to protect the right to vote and preserve the Constitutional framework of American elections.